Saturday, May 21, 2011

Everyone is out of town and Daddy is working!

Not to worry...I have an agenda. Woke up at the usual hour, ate breakfast, and packed these puppies up to go to Target. Guess what?!?!? There are people that you know at Target at 8:45 on Saturday morning. Damn! My girls were covered in cookie crumbs and I was in my just rolled out of bed attire. Whatev....we got all that we needed and a bonus or 2. TARGET! Has anyone ever left there without a bonus item or 2????

MAGAZINES!!! 2 of my favorites came in the mail yesterday and super nanny had everyone around here asleep when I got home from school so I got to shower AND scan both of the mags. I found something I want in House Beautiful...duh! I mean I wanted everything and AS USUAL I want to re-do 10 things in this house, but there is also something else that I found and feel is a def attainable gift for myself. In the article it says you can get a set of 18 really ridic contemp/comfortable plates and bowls(dinner, salad, and soup x 6) no two pieces alike, but of course I can't find it on the website because it's in Italian. Can you????

Mag Number 2: Whole Living. There is a 10 day challenge...tempting. Each day has 3 parts. Like, do one thing for mind, one for body, and one for life. I'm debating the commitment. I don't want to let myself down. Maybe I'll do a tweaked version of the challenge. Instead of all three parts, just commit to one a day. I mean it's only 10 days. Here is the meal plan. It seems very detailed and a little over the top. The magazine article is much more general. If anyone is interested in 10 days of guided exercise(mostly 30-45 min walks), eating, and meditating(ha!)...let me know. I'll be the co-pilot and coach.

I did a little "popsicle part 2" today. I realized that I made the strawberry ones with expired yogurt! Oops! Nobody worry. I realized before we ate them. Sooooo...since I had a second chance, I decided to cook the strawberries first so they will hopefully be sweeter. I also just whisked in the yogurt instead of blending and left a few strawberry chunks. Even if the girls can't handle them, I'm excited to eat one!

Now what to do when everyone wakes up from their morning nap???? I would like to go to Anthro or Nordstrom to shop for a new purse, but I also want to go to High Fashion Fabrics. Can the girls handle these places???? I just.don't.know.



1 comment:

  1. i have the whole living 10 day challenge open and waiting to be read this morning with coffee!!!! i'll let you know if i manage to participate!

    ReplyDelete